Wednesday, April 27, 2011



A Pilgrim’s Prayer
H

oly Father,                                      
I know that within me lies a natural disposition to sin, inherited from Adam; that I lie because I am a liar.  I know as regenerate, your calling me was for my transformation to reflect the beauty of Christ Jesus for your glory.  I am part of your plan, my life is your labor, yet what I am will attempt to hinder your progress; overwhelm my soul so that my flesh yields to your holiness.  I am nothing yet everything through your Son and in your hands.  So work in my life your power that brought forth my Lord from His tomb and invest in me the attributes of those forever honored in your Word.  Grant this Pilgrim…
The sacrificial love of Christ, the steadfast faith of father Abraham,
Wisdom beyond Solomon’s, a heart like David’s,
Strength- that of the mighty Samson, the incomprehensible patience of Job,
A discipline exemplified by Daniel, discerning eyes to see like Elisha,
The veracity of Paul, a willingness to be used like Isaiah,
Brokenness like Jeremiah over my sin and for your people, the persistence of Moses,
A lively hope that Peter defended to death, a boldness to confront as Elijah,
An attitude to encourage like Barnabas, the motivation to work like James,
The undying courage of Stephen, to epitomize John in my love for the brethren,
A forgiving heart like Joseph, and an unconditional commitment to you like Hosea.
I ask these things of a great and generous Father who delights in blessing his children in the name of my Lord and Savior Jesus~ Your Son.
Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment